The global economy suffered a lot in the past two years because of Covid. The pandemic forced many governments worldwide to introduce measures that would negatively impact their economy. Luckily, many methods proved effective, and we managed to eliminate the health crisis. Everyone expected the global market to recover slowly after the pandemic, but that did not happen.
When everyone thought the hard part had passed, a new event shook the world. Russia attacked Ukraine, and the chaos began. America and many NATO members tried to stop the war through financial methods. A massive attack on Russia’s economy began, but the expected retaliation also came.
You should know that many countries get their fossil energy resources from Russia. As a result, a financial fight forced Putin to take measures and impose conditions on the collaborations between his country and those that imposed financial restrictions on it. This situation had a foreseeable outcome. The cost of energy in America and the European Union skyrocketed.
The global economy didn’t have the time to recover after Covid because the financial fight created even more damage. With a higher energy cost, most industries were forced to increase their prices, so inflation grew uncontrollably. The damage caused by Covid only amplified the current situation and made it much worse.
After a few months of continuous inflation, it became clear to most experts that a recession is no longer a question of “if it will happen.” The consensus of many analysts is that a global recession has a 90% or more chance of appearing, so we should ask, “When will it happen?”.
- Retailers: the first to suffer in a recession. Most people reduce their spending during a financial crisis. They focus solely on essentials. As for the rest of the retail items, they will see a massive reduction in sales. On the other hand, DIY and box stores will not be as affected
- Takeout and delivery: many of these businesses pivoted towards takeout and delivery during the pandemic, and they survived. But that won’t be enough during the next recession. With lower spending power, more and more people will cook at home because it’s cheaper than ordering from a restaurant
- Travel and tourism: traveling was drastically restricted during the pandemic, but most companies expected a new rise in tourism after the Covid crisis ended. Unfortunately, the recent financial problems continue to grow, making most people reluctant to spend their money on non-essentials, and tourism won’t be found in the “essentials” category
- Leisure and hospitality: these markets are in a similar situation to tourism. They were hit pretty hard by Covid, and now the recession will continue the assault. The number of social events and industry meetings will surely drop and cut the profits of these companies
- Service provided: these businesses can expect massive sales drops if the services offered are not essential for their clients, so they should take measures quickly because…” The winter is coming” for their industry
- Real estate: we know from history that every recession hits the real estate industry to a certain degree, and this one will not be an exception
- Manufacturing and warehousing: this industry supports many parts of the other sectors mentioned above. As a result, they will be indirectly hit as well. On the other hand, the manufacturing and warehousing companies that cover essential items won’t have a big problem
If your company is found in one of the industries mentioned above, you need to start taking measures to combat the problems you will have to deal with during the recession. One of the best decisions you can make is to move your business online and benefit from all the advantages. The search journal says: “People still need products and services.” Moreover, online companies will have priority when people want to buy anything.
- A higher number of clients: during and after the pandemic, the number of people using the internet to buy almost anything they need or want has risen dramatically. Your company can also benefit from this rise if you move a part of it online
- Lower costs: one of the best things you can do during a recession is to lower your expenses as much as possible. Moving your business to the internet will help you achieve that. You won’t need to spend money on physical locations, or you can reduce their maintenance as much as possible and focus more on the online market
- A website is not limited by time: unlike physical shops, you can keep them open 24/7. As a result, your clients can buy whenever they want, and you can expect a massive rise in your sales. Moreover, your clients will have easier access to your products and services. It’s a lot easier to look up a business online and order what you need from there than going to a physical location
- A better positioning on the market: your position will be much better than your competitors. If they don’t make the same decision and keep their business out of the online market, you won’t have to worry about them in the future. Through the internet, you can also get closer to your clients and be positioned to provide all the support they need much easier
- Better marketing opportunities: online marketing costs are much lower than other methods, such as TV Ads or newspapers, and the effects of social media, e-mail and SEO marketing have a much higher potential. On the internet, you have massive marketing opportunities that will be a lifesaver during a recession
Because of the pandemic, many businesses have already pivoted to using the internet. As a result, the competitiveness of the online markets has grown a lot. Fortunately, that does not mean you do not have any chance to enter these markets and thrive. There is still much space for new companies on the internet.
But to be successful, you will need a top-notch online marketing strategy. Your main goal on the internet is to gain as much attention as possible and convince your potential clients that your products are the best choice for them. To accomplish that, you will need a personalized strategy that will showcase your business’s advantages and gain the trust of your potential customers.
You can find and use many different online marketing methods, but starting with the most effective ones is crucial. You can generally choose between two main approaches to market your company on the internet, and you need to decide which one will be the most effective for the growth of your business.
The first is the paid alternative. You will pay different platforms, and they will place your Ads in front of your preferred audience. The main advantage of these methods is the potential to get fast results. If your company is already known, you will see a swift increase in your sales, but there are also some downsides.
The more you invest in these methods, the more results you will have. But during a recession, advertising costs may be too high for the results you’ll get. In the end, the buying power of your potential clients will drop during this period. As a result, you may not have the financial capacity to maintain this type of marketing, or it may not be worth it if you compare the results with other online marketing methods.
Social media, e-mail marketing, and SEO are the most well-known organic online marketing methods. Instead of giving your money directly to platforms and letting them market your ads, you can hire professional agencies and let them use these methods to attract visitors to your website.
Different organic marketing methods require different skill sets and provide various benefits. But they all have a massive advantage in common. The results they produce will remain for an extended period, which means your company will not only slowly grow during a recession, but your business will skyrocket after the hard times passes.
Of all the available methods, which one should you choose during a recession? SEO will be your best choice at this time because of the benefits it provides. The main goal of search engine optimization is to adapt your website to your customers’ needs and use off-site methods such as SEO guest posting services to improve your reputation. As a result, you will not only be marketed by Google if you accomplish this task, but your clients will be satisfied with the information, services, and products found on your site, and they will surely come back again.
Find out more about the experts in our team. You can contact them and request a free website SEO audit report together with our SEO proposal on how to increase your website’s traffic and sales.
As mentioned above, there are more and more people that are doing their shopping online. Thus, every organic online marketing method will obtain increased results, and the best way that any online business can use is professional SEO, including top content writing services.
Every online business should either make its SEO strategy or acquire SEO services from professional SEO agencies. The first method will not cost money, only time and effort, but the results that a single person can bring will be minimal compared to those produced by an agency.
Keep in mind that we do not encourage using only this method. The best strategy that an online business can use in this period is to continue to use the online marketing methods used in the past but to focus more resources on their SEO.
This will help a business cement its place in the market. The results brought by SEO services are primarily long-term. And you can see many of them with the help of a Google keyword rank checker. Once the effects of your increased SEO efforts start to be seen, your online business’s growth will skyrocket. Moreover, the amount of money you need to invest in this method seems insignificant compared to other methods.
Your actions should be as swift as possible. Remember that every other online business is in the same situation as yours. If your competitors take the lead now, you may not be able to compete with them in the future, and the best thing you can do to be the first is to increase the professional SEO efforts invested in your business.
If you are looking for short-term profits, you should use PPC methods. For example, Google Ads or Facebook Ads. Although these methods can be used for long-term purposes, the ROI of this type of investment will not be worth it. To better understand the differences, you can check the possible results of a one-time SEO campaign.
The best way to use these methods is by obtaining as much profit as possible in the shortest amount of time. This method is incredibly efficient now because the number of potential clients is rising. But it would be best if you kept in mind that by doing only this, you will not be able to obtain dedicated clients. And when the recession strikes, even the high number of potential customers gained during the pandemic won’t help because the conversion rates will drop.
If you understand the importance of long-term business goals, you should focus on professional SEO during this period. There are several advantages that you will obtain now:
- SEO services are generally slow: they need months to produce significant results and, if done by amateurs, even years. But now, with the rise of online customers, the effects brought by professional SEO will come much faster. If you are pleased with the short-term collaboration results, you can start with a one-time SEO campaign and continue with long-term alternatives. Also, if you wait too much, then your competition may take advantage of this opportunity in your stead
- Establish your brand: the most crucial factor that decides the success of a business is the number of people that have heard about it. Of course, you should accord the same importance to these people’s opinions about the company. This global crisis can be an opportunity for you to establish your brand. The number of people that remembers your company or products, as well as their opinions about them, will be positively affected if you use SEO services
- Cost-efficient: unlike PPC methods, where the more money you invest, the bigger the results you get, the sum you will invest remains constant with SEO. On the other hand, the results that you will obtain now for the same amount of money will be much more and better than before the pandemic. We suggest you make use of this opportunity as fast as possible. Otherwise, the prices of SEO services will start to rise accordingly
Firstly, you should look for an SEO agency instead of trying to do your SEO. Professional SEO requires a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience. So, if you are not an SEO expert, your best alternative is to look for a professional SEO agency. Even if you want to open your agency, you may want to use an SEO reseller program.
Even if you are a professional SEO marketer with years of experience, if you do not have a team, it will be much faster and more efficient to look for an agency and acquire their SEO services. The speed of a single man can’t compare with an entire team. Thus, the results that you will be able to obtain by yourself may not be worth it.
Speed is the key nowadays, and you want to use this period as much as possible. Those who will be able to understand that this period can be an opportunity for them to help many more people will make much more money while also building the brand of their business. And continuous optimization is also essential. Otherwise, you may lose positions if other websites use your content in their SEO strategy.
Search for a good SEO agency if you want to be one of the winners, but remember that not every agency will be able to provide the same results, and you want to find those agencies that can make full use of opportunities like this one.
What Our Clients Say
We pride ourselves on 2000+ checkable SEO project reviews received since 2006. Check them out!
Because SEO is so complex, sometimes it is hard to differentiate between a good agency and a bad one. But you do not need to worry. There are some steps that you can follow and be able to find a good agency:
One of the most significant differences between a professional SEO agency and one with superficial skills is the results they expose to their potential clients. Top SEO agencies will post the most recent results of their SEO services on their site. This has a double role. First, to showcase their skills, and second, to show that their skills are relevant in the present.
If the agency you looked at does not present their recent results, but the results published on their sites are older than a year, their skill may not be relevant nowadays. This happens because the SEO industry evolves quickly, and the skills and knowledge needed now are much more complex than a year ago.
You can also look for reviews, but the best way to find information about an SEO professional agency is to speak to their clients. It would be best to see past clients and present clients. By doing this, you will be able to understand how good the agency is while also peaking at the evolution of its services. You can also find out their ability to optimize contact information through their SEO services.
GAMIT presents both the results and the reviews on its website. There you can also find more information about our services. Moreover, we encourage you to speak with our clients. Almost all of them will gladly recommend our services to you.
In conclusion, it is your best interest to invest in the online part of your business and use professional SEO services to prepare your online business for the recession and long-term success after it passes. You can try to do it yourself with online resources like this one, or let us take care of your website’s SEO. We gladly help our clients obtain the best quality results at very affordable prices.
GAMIT, our professional SEO agency, is ready to support online businesses to minimize losses during this financial crisis. With our top-of-the-range SEO solutions, we will achieve a maximum ROI and reduce your online-advertising costs.
- Fully Managed SEO– we guarantee achievable results or a money-back guarantee
- Guest Post Services– discover the powerful and long-lasting results of our high-DA guest posts publication services
- Professional SEO audit– we will conduct a technical SEO audit of your website, identifying the on-site SEO problems and solutions for these; we will find your top competitors and top converging keywords for your business and propose a complete SEO plan to increase your online visibility
- Content Writing Services– our professional SEO writers are ready to provide content writing services for your website, blog, and online marketing strategies
- Link Building Services– we offer efficient link-building packages which are focused on publishing optimized content on high-quality websites
- If you are unsure about our services, you might want to read more about our company or check the SEO results we achieve for all our customers. Contact us for more details, and we will reply in a maximum of 24h!
Get Free Website SEO Analysis
Get in touch with us to receive a complete audit of your website. We will also send you a professional bespoke search engine optimization plan to reach the first page in Google searches!
As a co-founder and managing director of GAMIT I am the first contact of our clients. My job includes setting project objectives and offering SEO consulting advice to customers. My professional background and experience working in the SEO industry are essential in developing efficient SEO strategies and designing innovative techniques.